Skip to main content

SOLD!

 Wow!  After one thousand five hundred and fifteen days on the market, our home in Branson is no longer ours.  What an answer to many prayers!

That house. . .if those walls could speak.  I built my dream home and I loved every ounce of energy I put into making every single part of it perfect!  I loved my gigantic kitchen where everyone could sit around the counter or in the comfy chairs and talk or watch TV or chat with me while I cooked.  I love all of the people who sat in that kitchen with me.  I love the full glass front door that open and closed so very often as people came in and out of that home.  I love the zebra carpet in Maggie and Gabby's room.  I love that the couch in the playroom was such a comfy place for so many past Kivu staff.  I love that our home was never just ours. . .Jarod Sickler lived with us for five years, Pete Majors lived with us for one year, Adam Martin lived with us for two years, LaVetta & JayJay & KiKi lived with us for nearly two months. . . and on and on and on.  I loved the yard that Andy worked endlessly on.  I loved my master bath with my big tub that hosted all of us (seperately) on many many occasions.  Bringing Dax home from the hospital into that home and bringing Gabby home from Africa to that home.  I love that the house was FULL of friends almost all of the time:  the Pierson family and the Blackwell family and the Nimrod family were very frequent visitors along with countless adoption groups and White Family dinners.  The Braner Family reunion and the Kanakuk friends.  The parties I threw just to throw a party (the cake party) and all the other reasons and non-reasons that my home was filled with laughter and love!  I love all of the memories I have from that house. . .the laughter and the home studies and the first steps and the love and the moments.  I thought this was going to be a big long post, but just writing about my friends and just typing the word "moments" sums it up for me.  Moments.  A gazillion moments that are all mine and will always be in my heart.

I loved that house.

I am so thankful that it is not ours now.  We prayed for more than four years that it would sell and today it sold and I am so very thankful.

I thought I'd be a little sad, but I'm not.  I'm just so grateful.  And I know I'll have those "moments" in my soul forever.  Those times in the green chairs with dear friends.  Those bath times with toddlers and bubbles all over the floor.  The band aids and the parties and the hundreds of Mazzio's pizzas that were delivered.  My moments. 

What a great home it was.  Thanks, house, for being my home!

Comments

Unknown said…
Praising & cheering with you. It was a home to me & my boys many nights we were in Branson. Thank you for the memories created, the open door, but mostly for loving us.

Lotsa love from NWA o DRO...

Popular posts from this blog

The Grief of a Stepmom

The grief of a stepmom.  This post has had so many titles:  The Invisible Grief of a Stepmom, The Silent Grief of a Stepmom, The Lonely Grief of a Stepmom. . . the grief of a stepmom is like no other grief because it feels so homeless. My stepson died a few weeks ago.   Marc and I have only been married eight months and Mackay, my stepson, lived in NYC and we rarely got to see him (he didn't get to come to the wedding or Cabo and didn't stay with us when he came to town), so I didn't have much of a relationship with him.  So there is a weird layer of loosing someone I hardly knew and I feel like that is the layer that makes the most sense to everyone.   While the family was mourning, I was the one organizing all of the meals coming in from our wonderful friends and neighbors, I was cleaning up one meal and setting up for the next.  I was keeping the house in order and making sure Marc was able to surround himself with the friends and family he needed to make it through the

Should've Said No. . . ?

Andy proposed during a curtain call of Me and My Girl , a musical in which he played an old man who went most of his life without telling the woman he loved that he loved her... Twenty-three years ago today Andy asked me to marry him. . . .  he was my best friend and I thought he was the love of my life.  Should I have said no? I don't know how many times I have now been asked a version of that question in the past couple of years and I cannot count the number of times I have asked myself that question over the past decade, but it is a dumb question with no great answer. If I would have said no 23 years ago, I would have saved myself from so many tears and so much pain, but I would have missed so much laughter and so many exciting firsts and I would be such a different person. . . . Because of this day, 23 years ago, I am who I am and I have so much to be thankful for. Because of this day, 23 years ago, I have five of the best kids on the planet.  They are t

Mother's Day Thoughts

I've been feeling so many Mother's Day feels this weekend.  For starters, my big kids came home to surprise me and that was the most wonderful thing!  I remember Mother's Day 2017 when I cried because Hays was a Senior in high school and heading to Texas A&M and I thought it would be my last Mother's Day with my five all together. . . . and yesterday proved those tears unnecessary!  And then, as if that wasn't more than I could ever wish for, Marc spoiled me like I have never been spoiled before.  I am consistently blown away and humbled by how much he appreciates me and shows me his appreciation with words, gifts, acts of service and more.  I am so grateful for this husband of mine and the way he loves me and shows our kids what selfless love is supposed to look like! But even before yesterday, I've been thinking a lot about all of the different dimensions of motherhood I now experience and it is shaping me into a new and stronger and more compassionate and