Skip to main content

THIS Is What It Is All About

So, as most of you know, I work for 2 different companies.  I work for KIVU, the company my husband and I started and I sell health and wellness products.

These past two weeks have been BLARING examples (like a really loud stereo system) of how important it is to work for companies who CARE and selflessly put their team (family) first.

Of course, I believe in KIVU and what it stands for.  (I better.)  These past few weeks I have watch the KIVU family pull tougher (again) as two of our past staff struggle in their marriage.  I have watched guys hop on planes and get there to support them.  I have watched Skype video chats happen and heard the text message beep go off at all hours.  I have been blown away (again) by the family that KIVU is and how important that is--so much more important than rafting and mountain biking.  I am so thankful for this company and the family that we are.

And at the exact same time, I have been blown away by this health and wellness company--maybe even more blown away because it is a big "corporate" company that could easily be faceless.  I always tell people that we are like family and I have seen that more than ever these past two weeks.  Freddy is one of my up-up-up lines and his 16 year old son had a brain aneurism two weeks ago and I have watched as this company has come together faithful praying diligently for healing.  It has knocked my socks off.  And then to see the people flying to Illinois from all over the country to pour out their love on Freddy's family has been amazing.  I'm humbled and I'm not even the recipient.  The president of the company flew there.  That just doesn't happen in corporate America.

I'm blown away and I'm so thankful.  This is what is all about:  working for a company (companies) you believe in who truly become family.  A company (companies) where the family members will drop it all to come to your side literally, physically and on their knees.  I'm so thankful that I have KIVU and the KIVU family by my side and I am so thankful that I have X and the X family by my side.  There is safety and comfort in that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Recovering P31

What?  A recovering P31? Proverbs 31 describes the wife of noble character.  This wife gets up early and works hard all day long and isn't even tired when she finally retires from all of her work at night.  She is a servant to her husband and she makes him proud.  She is a fantastic mom and I'm sure, if there was Pinterest in the day, she would be the Pinterest-y-est of the moms.  She isn't afraid of hard work and she has the pantry stocked in the case of an emergency and she has her family ready for cold winters, famine and hard times.  She helps strangers and loved ones alike and she has her sights set beyond herself.  Her husband praises her and her children are grateful for her and call her blessed. Oh my gosh!  What a great lady!  I want to be like her!  So why am I a recovering P31 and why am I writing about it now when I'm not even a wife? (For starters, I think this kind of noble woman is a goal regardless of any woman's marital ...