Skip to main content

SEVENTEEN

Seventeen.  Wow!  In so many ways I cannot believe that seventeen years ago today I married my best friend.  In some ways (both good and bad), it seems like so much longer.  I really can't remember my life without him and I'd hate to even imagine it.

Love never gives up.  Love cares more for others than for self.  Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.  Love doesn't strut, doesn't have a swelled head, doesn't force itself on others, isn't always 'me first,' doesn't fly off the handle, doesn't keep score of the sins of others, doesn't revel when others grovel, takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, puts up with anything, trusts God always, always looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going to the end (I Corinthians 13:4-7).

I honestly cannot say that I love Andy in that way, but I can honestly say that I want to, I long to, I try to.  I fail in almost ever single category.  I can pat myself on the back and say that I never give up.  Check.  I can say that I try my hardest to care for him more than for myself (usually).  I know that I try not to keep score, I know that I put up with tons (not as much as Andy puts up with though), I have really tried to look for the best these past few years, but I have a long way to go.  I don't want to look back because the best is yet to come.  I long to trust God always even when I don't understand.  I don't love perfectly, but I do love big.  Andy doesn't love perfectly, but he loves me.  He.  Loves.  Me.

Seventeen years.  I'm thankful for the journey I am on.  This marriage journey is a roller coaster.  I just need to learn to put my hands up and scream with terror-ous joy on the big drops and then "chug" my way up the big hills.  I need to love the loop and the twists and the turns and I need to stay on the ride because, like a roller coaster, if I get off, I will just want to jump back on again.  Marriage, like a great roller coaster, is a rush that I just can't get enough of!!

Thank you, Andy, for loving me.  Thanks for being my partner on this ride.  I love you.  Happy 17th Anniversary!  Here's to many many many more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!