Skip to main content

One Year Ago Today

This was actually day two when he ran and jumped into my arms the minute we pulled into the orphanage gates!
 Oh my goodness. . .what a year it has been!  One year ago my life (and the lives of each person in Braner Party of 7) was changed forever!  Today is the day that Hays and I met Tiki. . .the day that Tiki met his mother and his brother.  What a day!  (Click here for that blog post.)

This is the very first day we met Tiki. . .words cannot even describe the moment!
I had no idea what to expect that day and no idea what to expect for the next 365 days.  Tiki is a joy.  He truly is.  He is the happiest and most joyful person I know.  He exploded into our family and it has been a whirlwind ever since.  He called me momma from the first second I met him and he kissed me right on the lips on that very first day.  He was my son in my heart the minute I saw his picture.  He was my son legally the minute the court approved it.  And he was my son physically the second he jumped into my lap.  Tiki is my son and I love him dearly.


Thank You, God, for bringing Tiki Rukarara Braner into our lives and into our home.  Thank You for Your big plan that doesn't look like mine, but that is so much better than mine ever could be.  Thank You for Tiki.  Thank You for his joy and his big smile.  Thank You that he loves so deeply.

What a year it has been!  I love you, Tiki. . .my son!

Comments

Gretchen said…
We are so thankful you share him with us! We sure love Tiki!!!
Rachel Sparks said…
Thank you my friend for being obedient to what the Lord calls you to. You inspire us all!
Liz said…
This post is so exciting and inspiring to me. We are getting closer to sending our dossier to Ethiopia, and the fears of the unknown are definately a reality. I need to keep clinging to the fact that HE knows what the future looks like for our family, and I don't have to. Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!

Counting to 20

Okay, you blog readers.  If you are a language or older child adoption or whatever expert, I need help and advice.  When I met Tiki, he could not speak any English EXCEPT he could say "Spider Man" and he could count to twenty in ENGLISH.  Now that Tiki is totally fluent in English he can hardly make it to ten and cannot get past twelve.  He's a smart kid.  He just learned an entirely different language in less than a year and he is learning to read.  But this counting thing is frustrating me.  I realize that I need PATIENCE!!!  I am VERY AWARE of that.  But is this normal?  Any advice (besides the patience piece)?