Skip to main content

Back Posting: 24 November 2010


Well, I refuse to say "Happy Birthday" to Dax today.  I just refuse.  Surely if I don't tell my son happy birthday, then he can't be six and he won't ever grow up!  My little thumb-sucker can NOT be getting older.  I just won't allow it!  He is my little snuggler.  He is my sweat-muffin.  He is my little guy and I just don't know what I am going to do if he grows up!

Dax is the best!  He is the funniest little guy I have ever met!  If you have a Twitter account, you need to follow @dax_ism because it will make your day almost every day!  Dax loves big and I am so fortunate that I get to be the person he loves the biggest!  He is the king of Mama's Boys and I am perfectly happy with that!

When he blew out his candles on his cake (cake number one of five for this sixth birthday), someone asked him if he made a wish and he said, "yes and it already came true."  He was standing by me (almost sitting in my lap) and I asked him what he had wished for and he said, "just to be here with you."  MELT MY HEART!  Andy just rolled my eyes and I totally melted.  What a guy!  What a line!  And what great delivery!  I totally fell for him all over again!

I love my little sweat muffin and I don't want him to grow up!  Maybe he and I can go live with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys!!!  I LOVE YOU, DAX!!!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!

Counting to 20

Okay, you blog readers.  If you are a language or older child adoption or whatever expert, I need help and advice.  When I met Tiki, he could not speak any English EXCEPT he could say "Spider Man" and he could count to twenty in ENGLISH.  Now that Tiki is totally fluent in English he can hardly make it to ten and cannot get past twelve.  He's a smart kid.  He just learned an entirely different language in less than a year and he is learning to read.  But this counting thing is frustrating me.  I realize that I need PATIENCE!!!  I am VERY AWARE of that.  But is this normal?  Any advice (besides the patience piece)?