So, I woke up early this morning because it is CHRISTMAS at Camp Kivu! I was so excited to surprise the leadership team! Every year Andy and I give them thank you gifts and this year we waited until Christmas morning to bust them out. I wen home and got some of my Christmas decorations and wrapping paper. I wrapped them all and put them under the tree. I brought my CocoaMotion (hot chocolate maker) from home and all kids of yummy hot chocolate! I was SO excited for this big surprise for our fantastic team!

But much to MY surprise, when I got upstairs to our leadership office, instead, this is what I found on my desk! My girls are so kind and thoughtful and just such great friends! They had one box "for my home" filled with paper towels and laundry soap and hand soap and other goodies (they have been spending their time off at my house this summer). And they had another box "for my trip" filled with candy and drinks and snacks and DVDs (for the kids). I am headed back to Branson in a couple of days to finish up Tiki's adoption officially and to pick Hays and Maggie up from camp.

Then I found an envelope full of sweet notes AND mix CDs for the trip. Needless to say, I was in tears. . .so much for Mrs. Clause getting anything done this morning. . .the reindeer got her! :) I am so overwhelmed and grateful. It has been one of the best summers ever and I am overcome with emotion!

And the letter I choose to read last is a big group of "back and forth" emails from Lesley, on of my leadership girls, to Nelson DeMille and his assistant! LESLEY DID IT!!! I wondered who had contacted Nelson DeMille about my love for John Corey (you can click on his name in that sentence to read that post if you are not up to date). . .and I had even convinced myself that my blog is just probably so far reaching that someone in his office (or him?) probably is one of my readers! :) Yes, it is embarrassing, but I had actually come to that point. So, I am reading these emails between Lesley and his office and I am laughing through my tears! I was afraid that I was on "candid camera" because it was one of those moments! THANKS, LES!!!
And thanks girls! What a morning! I am so glad that I woke up at 5:45 to my surprises! I'm overwhelmed and so thankful and so happy!
But much to MY surprise, when I got upstairs to our leadership office, instead, this is what I found on my desk! My girls are so kind and thoughtful and just such great friends! They had one box "for my home" filled with paper towels and laundry soap and hand soap and other goodies (they have been spending their time off at my house this summer). And they had another box "for my trip" filled with candy and drinks and snacks and DVDs (for the kids). I am headed back to Branson in a couple of days to finish up Tiki's adoption officially and to pick Hays and Maggie up from camp.
Then I found an envelope full of sweet notes AND mix CDs for the trip. Needless to say, I was in tears. . .so much for Mrs. Clause getting anything done this morning. . .the reindeer got her! :) I am so overwhelmed and grateful. It has been one of the best summers ever and I am overcome with emotion!
And the letter I choose to read last is a big group of "back and forth" emails from Lesley, on of my leadership girls, to Nelson DeMille and his assistant! LESLEY DID IT!!! I wondered who had contacted Nelson DeMille about my love for John Corey (you can click on his name in that sentence to read that post if you are not up to date). . .and I had even convinced myself that my blog is just probably so far reaching that someone in his office (or him?) probably is one of my readers! :) Yes, it is embarrassing, but I had actually come to that point. So, I am reading these emails between Lesley and his office and I am laughing through my tears! I was afraid that I was on "candid camera" because it was one of those moments! THANKS, LES!!!
And thanks girls! What a morning! I am so glad that I woke up at 5:45 to my surprises! I'm overwhelmed and so thankful and so happy!
Comments