Whew! What a day Saturday has been! We had our first overnighter with Tiki (not his official name because I haven't talked to Andy about it yet. . .) and he did great! I woke up to a text at 4a.m. and when he heard me stirring, he said, "MaMa?" So, we've been up for a while! We head to the National forest in the East of Rwanda (looked across the lake to Tanzania) and it was wonderful!
Our safari was the REAL African experience. . .there were EIGHT of us in this tiny Toyota Corolla (or somthing) from 1980 bouncing down these trails barly fit for a Jeep. We got to see everything! MANY MANY MANY giraffes and they were so close! Tiki tried chasing them. . .the guide wasn't too happy about that! We saw buffalo, antelope, baboons (Tiki's favorite), zebra, hippos, monkeys and tons of birds! I wish I could post pictures, but I took them on my nice camera and Hays's computer won't let me upload them. Big bummer!
It was great! Nine (or so) hours in the car with Tiki on my lap. . .you don't bond much better than that! And now. . .a safari, three flat tires and a great meal later. . .we are relaxing back at the Ambassador's home. . .taking showers and then we'll call it a day!
Tomorrow we are off to Ethiopia! Good-bye Rwanda. I feel a little bitter sweet about taking Tiki from his country. . .we'll be back!!!
Pray that immigration goes smoothly tomorrow. I have heard that depending on which officer you get in the airport in Addis, it can be a long and confusing ordeal. Prayerfully, we'll get the "right" guy!!!
Many blessings and MUCH LOVE from East Africa!
WE MISS OUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our safari was the REAL African experience. . .there were EIGHT of us in this tiny Toyota Corolla (or somthing) from 1980 bouncing down these trails barly fit for a Jeep. We got to see everything! MANY MANY MANY giraffes and they were so close! Tiki tried chasing them. . .the guide wasn't too happy about that! We saw buffalo, antelope, baboons (Tiki's favorite), zebra, hippos, monkeys and tons of birds! I wish I could post pictures, but I took them on my nice camera and Hays's computer won't let me upload them. Big bummer!
It was great! Nine (or so) hours in the car with Tiki on my lap. . .you don't bond much better than that! And now. . .a safari, three flat tires and a great meal later. . .we are relaxing back at the Ambassador's home. . .taking showers and then we'll call it a day!
Tomorrow we are off to Ethiopia! Good-bye Rwanda. I feel a little bitter sweet about taking Tiki from his country. . .we'll be back!!!
Pray that immigration goes smoothly tomorrow. I have heard that depending on which officer you get in the airport in Addis, it can be a long and confusing ordeal. Prayerfully, we'll get the "right" guy!!!
Many blessings and MUCH LOVE from East Africa!
WE MISS OUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments
It's been so exciting to read everything. I've pictured you in each place.
Blessings to your whole family!!
I love the name Tiki... maybe cuz my nickname is Kiki:)) lol
Love you!