Today was a long and productive day! We are officially ready to take Jean de Dieu (Tiki?) home with us to the United States! We started early and got him vaccinated for Yellow Fever (required for Ethiopia). Then we ran all over town looking for a certin ointment to put on some fungus spots on his head (no worries). After that we headed to the Ministry where we sat and waited for our "To Whom It May Concern" and WE GOT IT!!! That is the letter we have been needing! After waiting an hour and a half to get that document notarized, we headed to the Immigration office where I was supposed to pick up his passport. They told me that I needed to come back on Monday and in a rare moment of strength when faced with authorities, I told them that it was unacceptable because they told me that it would be ready today and I sat there until they finished it. Then Tiki and I headed to the US Embassy to get our "brown envelope" so that we can be ready for our visa appointment in Ethiopia.
We came back to the Ambassador's home and Tiki got his first bath. . .a MUCH NEEDED first bath and now he is taking a late afternoon nap. We're officially family!
Not too exciting, but I am SO THANKFUL that we have all of the paperwork! Now we can just enjoy our weekend (we're headed East for a little safari early in the morning).
Please continue to pray for us as we adjust to one another! GOD IS GOOD. . .ALL THE TIME!!!
We came back to the Ambassador's home and Tiki got his first bath. . .a MUCH NEEDED first bath and now he is taking a late afternoon nap. We're officially family!
Not too exciting, but I am SO THANKFUL that we have all of the paperwork! Now we can just enjoy our weekend (we're headed East for a little safari early in the morning).
Please continue to pray for us as we adjust to one another! GOD IS GOOD. . .ALL THE TIME!!!
Comments
I am so happy for you! Wow God is working fast for you all. Isn't He amazing!!! Love the pics with your little guy. You are amazing and I wish I had half your strength to fly across big blue oceans by myself and bring home a precious child. I would have been a wreck without someone with me. Praying all continues to go well and all paths lead straight!! Be blessed!!!!
Kim
We love that beautiful boy of yours!!! We can't wait to meet him. Hays, you totally made Kenna's birthday! Thank you so much for calling her. Jonathon thought she was lying when she told him you called. Unfortunately she has been sick - hoping NOT H1N1. We are going with Lesley to take Maggie and Dax for their shots tomorrow. We had snow today and are expecting lots this weekend... We love you sooo much and are praying you are home earlier than expected!!!!
Love you all,
Willises