Skip to main content

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!

Comments

Tina Harriman said…
AHHHH!!! Congratulations Jamie Jo. I can't wait to see his face!
Leah Reeves said…
Wow! Congratulations, I cannot wait to hear more about him.

~Leah
sabrina owens said…
congraulations!!! i hope i can meet one day and meet you and yours kid's
emily said…
Congrats!! Wonderful news.
We're adopting from Rwanda too. Congratulations! We're so happy for you.
kim said…
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy for you all JJ. God is good - the supplier of every desire in our hearts!!! Can't wait to learn more. Whewwwww Whoooo :)

Love ya,
Kim
Kari said…
CONGRATULATIONS BRANERS!!! Ohhhh wow!!! We look forward to hearing & seeing more:)
God is so faithful!!!
xoxo
Jennifer said…
YEA!!!!!!! So, in time for Cabo?
Amy said…
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see what God has in store for you. Congratulations!!
Congratulations! Our daughter is 5 almost 6 and it has been so amazing to witness her transition and growth in our family. We had requested a younger child but through the hard times and the easy I would never have wanted it any other way. She is a miracle!
Kari
Nathan said…
WOOHOO! We are so happy to hear this wonderful news. Keep us posted
stella crosby said…
Congratulations Braners. A family of 7 is wonderful. I miss the craziness of it all. However we are enjoying the expansion of our family with two wonderful sons- in -law, and of course grandbaby Isaac. So happy for you. We have been waiting and praying. We will miss being at camp this summer. However, Camille is getting ready for July 7th with you. Maybe you will have pictures by then of John. Again, We are so very proud for you and love your family.
Suzanne Watson said…
Congrats! I am thrilled for you guys. Can't wait to see pics and hear more details. Praying for Braner Party of SEVEN!

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Recovering P31

What?  A recovering P31? Proverbs 31 describes the wife of noble character.  This wife gets up early and works hard all day long and isn't even tired when she finally retires from all of her work at night.  She is a servant to her husband and she makes him proud.  She is a fantastic mom and I'm sure, if there was Pinterest in the day, she would be the Pinterest-y-est of the moms.  She isn't afraid of hard work and she has the pantry stocked in the case of an emergency and she has her family ready for cold winters, famine and hard times.  She helps strangers and loved ones alike and she has her sights set beyond herself.  Her husband praises her and her children are grateful for her and call her blessed. Oh my gosh!  What a great lady!  I want to be like her!  So why am I a recovering P31 and why am I writing about it now when I'm not even a wife? (For starters, I think this kind of noble woman is a goal regardless of any woman's marital ...