Skip to main content

The "Work" Day Is Over In Rwanda

Well, it is after 5:00 in Rwanda and I didn't get an email back from the Minister. (For those of you just following, I emailed the Minister yesterday thanking her for the Approval Letter and letting her know that we were wanting to adopt a specific boy who is enrolled in Sonrise School and not living in the orphanage mentioned in my letter.) Anyway, I didn't hear back from the Minister. I'm not sure if that means anything at all. It is a long shot that she will let us adopt a child that we have "picked out." I understand that.

I just know that God is a god of miracles and that He gives us the desires of our hearts. I know that if Lionel is supposed to be our son, then he will be regardless of what our Approval Letter says. I also know that if Lionel isn't supposed to be our son, then God has a much more perfect fit for our family already in the works. I just have to trust! I know that. . .I just don't want to "give up" on adopting Lionel until I get the big stop sign from the Minister. I also don't want to hold on too long if there is something Andy needs to do while he is in Rwanda this week. I need patience. I need direction. I need to trust. Do I need to be creative? I'm not sure if that goes beyond patience and trust.

I'm a control freak. . .that is something I've realized about myself this year and situations like this are not ideal for us control freaks in the world.

So, please pray. Pray that we will get direction. Pray that our hearts will be good with that direction! Also, for those of you new to my blog, pray for Hays's heart as it is breaking with the news we got from the Minister yesterday. Thanks!

**********

I just heard from Andy and he meets with Bishop John tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. (which is 3:00 a.m. CST). That meeting could be VITAL for our adoption! Andy will also be meeting Lionel and his friends: Isaac, Fabi, and Sunday while he is at Bishop John's school. I cannot wait to hear about the meeting with Bishop and Andy meeting Lionel and I cannot wait to see the pictures!

God, please bring us our son. We want Lionel to be in our family to have him as our son and as our children's brother. You know what is best for Lionel and what is best for our family. I trust you, but I beg you for the desire of my heart! You are good. You know me. You know what is best for me. I love you, Lord!

Comments

Darin Wales said…
Being an adoptive parent myself, lifting you up in prayer! God IS good!
emily said…
These posts are killing me my friend- I'm hanging on every word. :)

He is good, He is sovereign and NOTHING can thwart His plan!

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Recovering P31

What?  A recovering P31? Proverbs 31 describes the wife of noble character.  This wife gets up early and works hard all day long and isn't even tired when she finally retires from all of her work at night.  She is a servant to her husband and she makes him proud.  She is a fantastic mom and I'm sure, if there was Pinterest in the day, she would be the Pinterest-y-est of the moms.  She isn't afraid of hard work and she has the pantry stocked in the case of an emergency and she has her family ready for cold winters, famine and hard times.  She helps strangers and loved ones alike and she has her sights set beyond herself.  Her husband praises her and her children are grateful for her and call her blessed. Oh my gosh!  What a great lady!  I want to be like her!  So why am I a recovering P31 and why am I writing about it now when I'm not even a wife? (For starters, I think this kind of noble woman is a goal regardless of any woman's marital ...