Skip to main content

Goodbye Bahrain

Well, after sleeping until one this afternoon. . .I really do love jet lag without five children. . .I slept until one today. . .and the only reason I got up was because we had a car to catch!  Seriously.  If the kids would have been here with me, I'd be up at six still no matter what jet lag was telling my body.  This has been the best!  Tomorrow, though, I have to be back in "reality" and get up and a normal hour as we are moving on in our adventure.  We left Bahrain today and have arrived where Andy has many fun friends.  I am excited to meet them and to be able to call them my friends, too!  We are with the Remkus family and I love Wendi, our hostess.  I think we're going to have a great week together!

No real adventures to post about today since I slept most of it away.  I just wanted to "update" so that my kids and family know I'm alive and well.  Andy and I are having an absolute blast together and I am so thankful for this time with him!  Greetings from the Sandbox!

This is Andy and I in Bahrain leaving the Ritz.  I am only partially "covered" here. . .I'm actually a big fan of the covering!  I'm sure I wouldn't be if I was forced to wear it all of the time, but it was so nice for a bit!

The very first thing I saw after we crossed the border.  McDonald's:  home sweet home!  Unfortunately, we couldn't eat there because it was prayer time, but I'll take in some Middle Eastern Micky D's before I leave!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!