Skip to main content

At The Airport

My kids are like super hero travelers!  They're great!  The flight attendants always compliment them, TSA compliments them. . . they know how to get their shoes off and electronics and liquids out; they get their own bins and fly through security like seasoned business men!  I love to watch it!  They're old pros and I love traveling with them. . . seriously, I would pick traveling with my kids over going to get ice cream any day!  They are my little troopers! 

This trip home from Cabo was no different.  The trip was CHAOTIC!  The airlines messed our tickets up, so we were rerouted which caused chaos on our multiple multiple layovers!  We had 20 minutes between landing and boarding at one point. . . we had to get through immigration, pick up our luggage, get through customs, recheck our luggage, go through security (with a knee brace and crutches) and make our plane. . .yes, in twenty minutes.  We did it!  (They did it!)  And then we had a six hour layover at another point.  They were perfect!

Enjoy the photo documentation from the big layover:

This was my favorite.  Tiki is sleeping under the chairs (under Dax's MeMo) and Gabby was "sleeping" on the chairs.  That is the position she chose to fake sleep.  Hysterical!
Gotta find an outlet!



This is my teenage 4-year old jamming to a little Justin Bieber!
Nearly midnight. . .thirteen hours after we left our hotel. . .we are almost home!  Traveling 14 hours isn't bad if you wind up in Southeast Asia or Australia, but 14 hours when it could have been 4. . .that's another story!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my, a six-hour layover at the airport can be a nightmare. But from the looks of it, the situation was not much of a trouble for your kids. Portable music gadgets are always a big help. You must be very proud for raising such well-behaved children.

Filippa Sartini

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!