Skip to main content

My Sweet Husband


I walked in to Andy's office this morning and this is what I saw. Of course, I saw my sweet husband working so hard to make this new business run. I am so proud of all he has done to make Camp Kivu run. . .we have campers here and we have staff here. . .we have insurance and bank accounts and vans and permits. . .he is doing a great job running our business!

Then I noticed the five coffee mugs on his desk (this could be a fun "Where's Waldo" type of game for your kids. . .find all of the items I am about to list), three cups, one water bottle, four computers (including his brand new iPad that he got himself for his birthday). . .the list goes on and on. Poor guy needs an assistant to organize his crazy world and to remove the used coffee mugs. . .I tried to be his assistant, but I wasn't very good at it. . .maybe I should try harder.

Then I noticed (but not until I looked at the picture I took) a cute picture of the two of us. I love "us." I love my man. I am so proud of him. He is doing what many people said (or just thought) he couldn't. He is super at what he does and there are kids making a difference in the world because of the difference Andy has made in their lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!