Skip to main content

John Corey Wrote Me!!!


What in the world!?!? You'll never believe what I got in the mail today!!! I got a note from John Corey and Nelson DeMille (no worries, I totally realize that John Corey is fictional, I haven't totally fallen off of my rocker).

If you haven't been reading my blog, John Corey is my all time favorite fictional character (better than Scarlet O'Hara and Huck Finn and everyone) and Nelson DeMille is the author. I emailed Mr. DeMille several several several occasions begging him to bring John Corey back and he did (thanks to reader demand according to the Denver Post. . .reader was singular, too. . .he he he).

I have NO IDEA how his office got my address, but today I received a little note from Nelson DeMille (and John Corey). I have no idea why I am so excited, but I am like a giddy little middle school girl. Andy (aka Debbie Downer) reminded me that it was probably just from an assistant that is assigned just to do those kinds of things, but that comment didn't even take away any of my excitement and giddiness. I don't care. It is so fun. . .nothing like this happens to me!

So, to whoever out there is reading my blog and got John and Nelson to write me a note, THANK YOU!!! The book was fantastic! John was on his comical game and I laughed the whole way through it! I already mailed the book to my girlfriend who originally got me hooked on John Corey (thanks, Melissa), but she promised to send me the book back when she is finished so that I can stick my little note (he wrote it on a sticker) into the front cover. What a fun and refreshing thing to get in the mail today! And, another shout out to whoever knows Nelson DeMille, please beg him to write another J.Corey book again!

Comments

Unknown said…
It was NOT an assistant!
IT WAS NOT AN ASSISTANT!
:) What a fun letter to receive. It wasn't me who wrote to them, but whoever it was, what a great friend.

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!