Skip to main content

China Adoption

Well, I just heard from the China "rumor lady" (via her blog) and her prediction as to when we should get our referral from China is July 2012. For those of you who don't know, we started the adoption process in October 2005. We send our dossier to China and we were officially logged into their "waiting list" On November 2006. When we started it was a 7 month wait for referrals. . .which would have put us as having baby in arms July 2007. . .we did get a baby in our arms later that year, but from a whole different country as you all know.

So, what does this mean? Nothing. I'm not even sure we will complete our Chinese adoption. I feel like bringing Ruk home will complete our family. . .however, I feel like somehow that China baby is still supposed to be for us. Who knows. . .we obviously have a very long time to wait!!!

I'm not sure why I even felt compelled to blog that info about Summer 2012. I guess I just needed to tell someone!

Comments

kim said…
Hey Jamie Jo!

So proud of you for what you have walked in terms of adoption. The right thing will happen with China just continue to leave it up to God. What are you doing blogging anyway - shouldn't you be packing girl!!!! I am getting so excited for you :)

Hugs!
Kim
alisa said…
With ya, sister. Have no idea what 'will be' for us either. But, we're staying the China-course for now.
Just found your blog. :o)

Good luck with your China adoption. We traveled in 2001 and it was a seamless process for the most part.

My non-profit recently published a new book on Chinese adoptive parenting that has some similar stories. “The Dragon Sisterhood: A Guide to Chinese Adoptive Parenting”.

It can be found on our blog:

http://www.dragonsisterhood.blogspot.com

I thought you might be interested.

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!