Skip to main content

A Meeting With The Nuns. . .


Some of the children in the orphanage. . .is my boy one of them?


A sign on the orphanage. . .I "borrowed" this picture from a stranger's blog.

Well, tomorrow we should know a little something. Tim, our Power of Attorney (POA), stopped by the orphanage (HOH) last week and set up a meeting with the nun in charge of it for tomorrow. I am so excited to get something of an answer.

I have heard through the grapevine that they often let the parent or the POA select the child from the home. I have heard different things: I have heard that the parent or POA just gets to choose and I have heard that the nuns pick three and then the parent or POA gets to pick from there. Wow. That was unexpected news. It may be totally outdated information, too. I'm not sure, but prayerfully by this time tomorrow, I will know. And you can bet your bottom dollar that if there is any form of the parent getting to choose, that I will be on the next flight to Kigali (with my girlfriend, Kelly) to go meet my boy!!!!!

I'll keep you posted! I just wanted to post this little bit of information because some of you are almost as desperate for adoption news as I am!

Comments

kim said…
We are so excited and will be waiting to hear something!!!!
Leah Reeves said…
Very excited for you! How will you sleep......

Thank you for being so open with your adoption process, it helps those of us thinking about getting started.

~Leah

Popular posts from this blog

They Made It!!!!

This is Kelly blogging for Jamie,and I just got off the phone with her. After traveling for 44 hours, they finally made it. I'm overjoyed by the news that they were able to MEET Ruk for the first time pretty soon after they arrived as well, and everything went GREAT!!! Jamie says he is VERY small... even smaller than Dax, and that he is probably a size 4... WOW! Jamie says that all his teeth are coming in and is not the toothless guy we have seen photos of. She also said that he was very sweet and affectionate with her, and that he called her mommy already. This is a great sign as it shows he is open and ready for a family!!! Jamie was told that all day long he was chatting away that he was going to meet his mommy today! Sniff, sniff!!! Hays and Ruk hit it off real well too and didn't have any of that awkward and shy first time to meet you syndrome. They played for over an hour, and Hays had a BALL with his rambunctious and playful brother, Ruk. Lots of hugging and kissing were...

A Little Bit Of News From The Land Of A Thousand Hills. . .

I heard from Tim, my POA, today. Here is what his email said: We had a brief meeting, superior nun and was busy but favorable to adoption. She is encouraged by your heart especially with a second adoption. We have rescheduled to meet Saturday morning to finalize choice of the child. I shared your preferences and they don't have any issue with it. They told me that I need to proceed carefully especially with regards to other kids staying at the orphanage who may not get the chance of being adopted. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture of the boy that you may adopt! So. . .I'm assuming that Saturday means tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I am actually a lot nervous, but am trying to minimize that feeling by reminding myself that God knows the perfect child for our family! I'll be praying today!!!!!

Braner, Party of SEVEN!!!!

Well, I guess it isn't officially official until we pass court, but we have a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is six years old and his name is Jean de Dieu (John of God). That is all I know. No pictures or anything else, but this is plenty to digest for now. I am overjoyed and so happy and overwhelmed and a little nervous. I promise to pass along details once I have them and pictures, too! But for now, my children are Hays, Maggie, Jean de Dieu (John?), Dax and Gabby. God is good and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for Braner, party of seven!