Skip to main content

Why Wouldn't I Share?

I am a great marketer.  I am!  I'll share a recipe I love the minute my kids say "this is awesome, Mom!"  I'll suggest that a friend should see a movie that I really enjoyed and even offer to tag along.  I'll suggest a lotion or a store or a vacation destination.  I don't think twice when I share things like that with people--friends or strangers actually!  I love to share with people.  (I was actually just offered a job at Bath & Body Works because I was helping some total stranger find the perfect scent and lotion because I love to share.)

I also love so many MLM's.  For example, one of my best friends is very in to make up and skin care (she's a professional make up artist) and I know that it is her passion and I believe that she has spent much time researching and testing different products and when she put her "stamp of approval" on a certain skin care line, I hopped on board.  Why wouldn't I?  For one, she is my friend and I feel like that's what friends should do (I'm loyal).  And secondly, she has spent time doing the research I would NEVER do, so why shouldn't I trust her and buy those products?  (I bought them and I love them by the way!)

For some reason; however, I am scared to death to promote my own company to friends, family and/or strangers.  Why will I promote a movie or a book or a store or a recipe or a lotion smell without a second thought, but I get so tongue tied when it comes to sharing about these health and wellness products I have fallen in love with and this company that has given me so much?  That is my own personal hang up and something I am working on.

I love (My) MLM because I can share with people these products that I love.  These products that have helped me and my family get our health under control.  Dax and I don't have migraines.  My kids haven't gotten the flu or a cold since we started.  Tiki is off his meds.  Maggie and Hays are seeing their hormones balance.  Andy has rediscovered his love of living healthy.  He and I together have lost more than 60 pounds.  Why wouldn't I want to share that with people?

I love (My) MLM because the company is so generous.  Camping isn't the highest paying profession out there and Durango isn't the cheapest city to live in and five kids are hungry all the time.  This company has given me the gift of financial security when we needed it.  Why wouldn't I want to share that with people?

I have gotten to go to Dallas and Sundance and I am headed to Cancun in January all on this company's dime.  And they invite me to bring my hubby WITH me--on their dime!  How many companies reward their employees with all expenses paid for trips and say, "oh, be sure and invite your best friend, too!"  Why wouldn't I want to share that with people?

I love (My) MLM because it is a company with integrity.  The reason I have (My) like this is because I cannot speak for all MLM's....especially with regards to this reason.  But this company wants what is best for its customers.  They are focused on health beyond quick weight loss. They are focused on a business opportunity for years to come not just the now.  They are focused on nutrition and reprograming one's body to work the way it is supposed to.  In LA where they invited all of their Directors and above, we stood as a group of executives and distributors and held hands and prayed that our motives would be pure, that we would share with people while building relationships.  Why wouldn't I want to share that with people?

I love (My) MLM because I have made forever friends.  In a place where I have struggled with loneliness, I have found a group of people who I love and laugh with.  I have found friends who I am thankful for each and every day.  Why wouldn't I want to share that with people?

So if I love (My) MLM so much.  If I love the products and the opportunity and the trips and the integrity and the friendships, why am I so scared to share with people?  Why am I my biggest enemy with sharing?  One of my business partners thanks me weekly because I have changed her life.  Why am I afraid to continue to share that?  Another one of my client's mothers sent me a four page hand written letter thanking me for changing her daughters life on multiple levels.  Why wouldn't I want to share that with people?

I know that I have a product and an opportunity that can help everyone!  I believe that everyone I know needs health.  That is a given.  But aside from that, every mom I know needs energy and often needs a little mood boosting.  I know that many people want the weight loss.  I know that so many people are struggling financially, or they have bigger bucket lists then their wallets can cover or they have debt that is drowning them.  So why wouldn't I share with people?

So, when I do decide to overcome my own personal fears and I contact you, please know that I am just sharing.  I'm just sharing about products I love.  I just want more for you.  More health or more time or more energy or more money....whatever, I just want to share with you the great opportunity I have found.  That's it.  My motives are pure (that is my daily prayer) and my desire truly is for YOU.  Yes, I make money off of my customers, but I believe with all my heart that what you can get out of this company is exponentially more than the check I will be getting in the mail (even though the company is so amazingly generous).  It truly is about you.  Know that.  Because why wouldn't I share that with you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grief of a Stepmom

The grief of a stepmom.  This post has had so many titles:  The Invisible Grief of a Stepmom, The Silent Grief of a Stepmom, The Lonely Grief of a Stepmom. . . the grief of a stepmom is like no other grief because it feels so homeless. My stepson died a few weeks ago.   Marc and I have only been married eight months and Mackay, my stepson, lived in NYC and we rarely got to see him (he didn't get to come to the wedding or Cabo and didn't stay with us when he came to town), so I didn't have much of a relationship with him.  So there is a weird layer of loosing someone I hardly knew and I feel like that is the layer that makes the most sense to everyone.   While the family was mourning, I was the one organizing all of the meals coming in from our wonderful friends and neighbors, I was cleaning up one meal and setting up for the next.  I was keeping the house in order and making sure Marc was able to surround himself with the friends and family he needed to make it through the

Should've Said No. . . ?

Andy proposed during a curtain call of Me and My Girl , a musical in which he played an old man who went most of his life without telling the woman he loved that he loved her... Twenty-three years ago today Andy asked me to marry him. . . .  he was my best friend and I thought he was the love of my life.  Should I have said no? I don't know how many times I have now been asked a version of that question in the past couple of years and I cannot count the number of times I have asked myself that question over the past decade, but it is a dumb question with no great answer. If I would have said no 23 years ago, I would have saved myself from so many tears and so much pain, but I would have missed so much laughter and so many exciting firsts and I would be such a different person. . . . Because of this day, 23 years ago, I am who I am and I have so much to be thankful for. Because of this day, 23 years ago, I have five of the best kids on the planet.  They are t

Mother's Day Thoughts

I've been feeling so many Mother's Day feels this weekend.  For starters, my big kids came home to surprise me and that was the most wonderful thing!  I remember Mother's Day 2017 when I cried because Hays was a Senior in high school and heading to Texas A&M and I thought it would be my last Mother's Day with my five all together. . . . and yesterday proved those tears unnecessary!  And then, as if that wasn't more than I could ever wish for, Marc spoiled me like I have never been spoiled before.  I am consistently blown away and humbled by how much he appreciates me and shows me his appreciation with words, gifts, acts of service and more.  I am so grateful for this husband of mine and the way he loves me and shows our kids what selfless love is supposed to look like! But even before yesterday, I've been thinking a lot about all of the different dimensions of motherhood I now experience and it is shaping me into a new and stronger and more compassionate and