Skip to main content

Thank You For Being A Friend



Today my dear friends threw us a going away party and it was wonderful--bitter sweet, but wonderful! I was honored and humbled! I felt so loved! I just wanted to share a few fun pictures with you all!

We head to Durango tomorrow. I cannot believe that I am closing this chapter in my life. I have lived in Branson since the day my parents brought me home from the hospital (minus the four years spent at Baylor) and I really thought that I would always be here. I am VERY excited for the move and for all that God has in store for me and my family. I am leaving with no regrets and I know that we are making the right decision! I can leave without looking back!!! However, tomorrow is going to be a very very sad day. God has blessed me with amazing friends who I will miss dearly. I have also been blessed to live right down the street from my parents, my brother and his wife and my dear Gran'ma. Leaving the people I love is going to rip me apart inside. I can't even imagine the loss I am going to feel as I drive away from the place I have ALWAYS called home.

So many cheesy songs are coming to mind. . .MWS's "Pray For Me" is a perfect example! "Here is where the road divides, here is where we realize the sculpting of our Father's great design. Through time you've been a friend to me, time is now the enemy, I wish we didn't have to say goodbye. But I know the road He chose for me is not the road He chose for you; so as we chase the dreams we're after. . . ."

And Geoff Moore's "So Long, Farewell" is another. ""Too soon, so fast, time must fly. . .and I'm already missing you. So much to say, our hopes and fears and prayers we've prayed. I'll be remembering you. The miles won't keep us apart when you're in my heart! So long, farewell, goodbye my friend, THIS IS NOT THE END, I'll be there for you! . . .I'll be believing in you . . . .God make His face to shine on you and bring you peace. I pray this blessing for you. So dream your biggest dreams! So long, farewell, goodbye my friend, this is not the end. I'll be there. . . ."

I love you all! I know that as this chapter is closing, it is only the beginning of the rest of the story! I know this isn't the end, but I also know that I need to let myself mourn this change! Wow. . .I truly never thought this day would come. I am excited and sad and expectant and disheartened and anxious and exhausted and lonely and blessed and the list can go on and on. . . .

Thank you, friends.

Comments

Kari said…
Jamie Jo,
Goodbye!!!! We will pray you all the way to Durango! Last night was amazing...so precious to watch your beautiful children say goodbye with ALL their hearts.
Unknown said…
See you in June, unless you get a call about a little white station wagon driving around Durango mid May, searching for you all.

Praying for traveling mercies as you all drive to your new home.

You know this already...WE LOVE YOU!
Anonymous said…
We will miss you, Braner family!! We feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to meet you. You will forever be in our minds and hearts as "main characters" in the story of our first adoption. Just wanted to thank you again for welcoming us into your home for the past six months for the adoption fellowship. You have inspired us and Roger and I are hosting our first Springfield Ethiopian fellowship get-together this Thursday, May 7th! God bless you and I hope we meet again soon!
Abby

Popular posts from this blog

The Grief of a Stepmom

The grief of a stepmom.  This post has had so many titles:  The Invisible Grief of a Stepmom, The Silent Grief of a Stepmom, The Lonely Grief of a Stepmom. . . the grief of a stepmom is like no other grief because it feels so homeless. My stepson died a few weeks ago.   Marc and I have only been married eight months and Mackay, my stepson, lived in NYC and we rarely got to see him (he didn't get to come to the wedding or Cabo and didn't stay with us when he came to town), so I didn't have much of a relationship with him.  So there is a weird layer of loosing someone I hardly knew and I feel like that is the layer that makes the most sense to everyone.   While the family was mourning, I was the one organizing all of the meals coming in from our wonderful friends and neighbors, I was cleaning up one meal and setting up for the next.  I was keeping the house in order and making sure Marc was able to surround himself with the friends and family he needed to make it through the

Should've Said No. . . ?

Andy proposed during a curtain call of Me and My Girl , a musical in which he played an old man who went most of his life without telling the woman he loved that he loved her... Twenty-three years ago today Andy asked me to marry him. . . .  he was my best friend and I thought he was the love of my life.  Should I have said no? I don't know how many times I have now been asked a version of that question in the past couple of years and I cannot count the number of times I have asked myself that question over the past decade, but it is a dumb question with no great answer. If I would have said no 23 years ago, I would have saved myself from so many tears and so much pain, but I would have missed so much laughter and so many exciting firsts and I would be such a different person. . . . Because of this day, 23 years ago, I am who I am and I have so much to be thankful for. Because of this day, 23 years ago, I have five of the best kids on the planet.  They are t

Mother's Day Thoughts

I've been feeling so many Mother's Day feels this weekend.  For starters, my big kids came home to surprise me and that was the most wonderful thing!  I remember Mother's Day 2017 when I cried because Hays was a Senior in high school and heading to Texas A&M and I thought it would be my last Mother's Day with my five all together. . . . and yesterday proved those tears unnecessary!  And then, as if that wasn't more than I could ever wish for, Marc spoiled me like I have never been spoiled before.  I am consistently blown away and humbled by how much he appreciates me and shows me his appreciation with words, gifts, acts of service and more.  I am so grateful for this husband of mine and the way he loves me and shows our kids what selfless love is supposed to look like! But even before yesterday, I've been thinking a lot about all of the different dimensions of motherhood I now experience and it is shaping me into a new and stronger and more compassionate and